DILG MIS OCC, GOVERNOR SUPPORT NEW PCL OFFICERS
TANGUB CITY – The Provincial Office of DILG Misamis Occidental facilitated the chapter elections for the Philippine Councilors League (PCL) on August 29.
In a quick turnout, the candidates ran unopposed garnering the following official results:
- Eduardo Cebedo (Ozamiz City) – Chapter President
- Wilma Canama (Tangub City) – Chapter Vice President
- Keene Barquin (Sinacaban) – Chapter Secretary General
- Joel Aclao (Oroquieta City) – Chapter Treasurer
- Julieto Tumagna (Concepcion) – Chapter Auditor
- Andrea Cherry Pink Gutierrez (Lopez Jaena) – Chapter Public Relations Officer
- Glyza Mae Tindahan (Panaon) – Chapter Business Manager
Councilors Jerry Cuizon (Bonifacio), Rownil James Cabug (Jimenez), Samuel Edusma III (Tudela), Beverly Jane Ganzon (Don Victoriano Chiongbian), Juanito Saquin, Jr. (Ozamiz City), Beatriz Florida (Tangub City), Jeremias Alas, Jr. (Aloran), and Mel Davidson Navarro (Clarin) were also elected as the chapter board of directors.
The attending members of the league were welcomed by City Mayor Jennifer Tan and Governor Philip Tan.
Governor Tan relayed to the councilors that the Provincial Office will be allocating funds for PCL-related activities while ensuring that the new officers will have full support from his administration. DILG Provincial Director Pablio Benitez, Jr. with outgoing PCL President for the province, Emmanuel Cale convened the PCL COMELEC to collect and present the names of the official candidates for selection.
The PCL COMELEC confirmed that the elections received no election protests, the winners were immediately proclaimed after votes were cast. They are set to take oath before the provincial governor this September at the Capitol, Oroquieta City.
Get more of the objectives and mandate of the Philippine Councilors League from their official website: www.philippinecouncilorsleague.org