DILG RELEASES GUIDELINES ON MOTORCYLCE BACK-RIDING, LGUS TO ENSURE PROPER IMPLEMENTATION
As back-riding on motorcycles shall be allowed again, Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG)-Region 10 calls for local government units to ensure monitoring of its proper implementation within their areas.
DILG 10 Regional Director Arnel M. Agabe reiterates that while it was already allowed, the following guidelines should be observed based on DILG Advisory dated July 15, 2020:
1. Motorcycle back-riding shall be allowed once again on motorcylces, for couples living in the same household;
2. Valid IDs shall be presented as proof that said persons are living together or are married to one another, or have a relation to one another (common law marriage, boyfriend and girlfriend, etc.);
3. A safety barrier/shield whose design is duly approved by the IATF National Task Force COVID-19 must be placed between the driver and passenger;
4. Said persons riding on motorcycles shall observe the minimum public health standards set forth by the Department of Health, such as the wearing of face masks and other relevant PPEs; and
5. Riders shall also observe all road-safety measures during their ride, such as the donning of appropriate motorcycle safety headwear or crash helmets.
RD Agabe reminds Region 10 LGUs to coordinate with their local Philippine National Police (PNP) to ensure proper implementation of this matter.
“Rest assured that the government will do necessary adjustments for everyone’s benefit once there is already a positive performance in the prevention and containment of the virus,” he said.
With this, the Regional Director asks for everyone’s cooperation as the country faces the ‘new normal’ due to COVID-19 pandemic.
(DILG 10/LGOO II Rezza Mae B. Tolinero)